Wednesday, July 25, 2007

too many bra incidents...

It’s July 10th and summer has kicked in….
Yesterday, it rained, very gently for about 3 minutes…
Today, it’s about 26 degrees, the breeze has dropped, it’s calm and still and there is not a cloud in the sky.

Started the day by dropping my laundry at the lavandaria, which is actually just an African lady with a twin tub and 2 young daughters who do all the ironing on a tiny little ironing board. I knocked, and she opened the door, but today she was wearing a red sarong tied around her immense belly (she is about 8 months pregnant), with an incredibly glamorous red silk and black lace bra which looked like it had come straight from Agent Provocateur. She didn’t seem to think there was anything unusual about this costume, or indeed answering the door to a stranger in her splendid bra.

To the office for a few hours, after about an hour a very beautiful boy of about 9 came and just stood in the doorway. He looked at me, and at the walls and pictures. We had a chat in Creole about the weather, the sea, the school holidays. I wasn’t sure what he wanted, but after about 5 minutes of just staring calmly, he asked for some money for some bread. I don’t usually agree to this, but it was hot, he was polite, so I gave him enough escudos for something good from the bakery.

I was then summoned back to my rented apartment, where the landlord has decided to install ‘burglar bars’ over all the windows. I am not very keen on them, but if he thinks they are necessary then so be it. I had to go home to let the workmen in. As I approached I noticed that the huge wrought iron monstrosities were already on my first floor balcony. It is beyond my comprehension how they managed to do this, with no ladder, but obviously if they can do it, then maybe I do need the bars. There was no sign of any workman, so I took the opportunity to have a bit of a blow on the saxophone, whilst all the neighbours were out at work. As it was so hot, I removed my Tshirt, and was blowing away in closed eye delirium when I felt a shadow across the room. The workman had returned, climbed up onto the balcony and looked terrified at the sight of me. 2 bra incidents in one day. I put my Tshirt back on and watched in awe as he drilled holes in the masonry, straddled across 2 balconies with no scaffolding or ladders, flip-flopped feet just gripping a tiny shelf….

1 Comments:

Blogger alex said...

The widow knew how to run a farm successfully, and a http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=nner+sind+anders+frauen+auch large farm is not much more difficult to run than one of half the size.. But where were they? Where is yours? Tucked in your best-man's pocket; deposited in his desk--or washed to a pulp in his white waistcoat (if white waistcoats be the fashion of the hour), washed out http://www.jouqoech.info/?search=585er+brosche of existence--can you tell where it is? Can you--unless you are one of those people who frame that interesting document and hang it upon their drawing-room walls? Mr...

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home